The CommerceNext Givitas Community
Join CommerceNext’s free, invitation-only network for retail and e-commerce professionals.
Get access to the CommerceNext brain trust all year long. Ask questions, get advice, help others. Then pay it forward to someone else…
Hello CommerceNext attendees,
We are very excited to invite you to join our new digital network exclusively for CommerceNext attendees.
Welcome to Givitas by Give and Take Inc., a virtual collaboration and networking tool which was built to facilitate exchanging help, advice, connections, and introductions.
It’s free for you to use and should take less than 5 minutes a week! Our goal is to make it easy and efficient for all CommerceNext attendees to harness the collective intelligence of this incredible network easily and efficiently so we can all do our jobs better, faster, and with more support.
If you have any difficulty signing up or any questions about Givitas, please contact email@example.com.
Why Givitas Works
Job satisfaction, career success, and happiness in general are all results of having a strong network that allows you to get help when you need it and offer help in return.
We didn’t make this stuff up–our technology is inspired by academic research on generosity, knowledge sharing, and asking for help done by two of our co-founders: Adam Grant in his bestselling business book, Give and Take and Dr. Wayne Baker at the University of Michigan in his forthcoming book All You Have to Do is Ask.
- Givitas is free for you to use!
- Givitas makes it easy to ask for help and be a giver on 5 minutes a week.
- Givitas leverages social science proving that collaborative, connected, generous people are happier and more successful.
- Giving to others just feels good!
- Using Givitas, you don’t have to know who to ask, and everyone has equal access to mentors and experts.
- Givitas inspires people to be generous, efficient givers, even those who were not previously inclined to do so.
- Givitas is a collection of people who have been successful doing whatever it is you’re trying to do. Ask for their advice, and get ahead in your career.
- Get access to a unique network of generous, active, engaged retail and ecommerce professionals you can’t find anywhere else.
- Get diverse, unbiased opinions that will make your work smarter and more informed.
How Givitas Works
“No question is a bad question.”
- Log in to Givitas and ask for help, provide help, search a repository of institutional knowledge, collaborate, and connect in less than 5 minute a day
- Asking for help is incredibly easy, reducing stigmas and barriers, and you don’t have to know who to ask
- Providing help is quick and efficient, with robust notifications and engagement tools to notify you when someone needs help
- Givitas provides guidance on making requests and responses, with educational prompts that assist you in crafting a productive request
- Givitas creates and records organizational memory developing a valuable asset for future searches
"Givitas is a wonderful and unique way to help people."
"A few minutes in Givitas saved me 5-10 hours of research, and it was awesome connecting with new people who have shared interests."
“Givitas helps build bridges across an organization and makes it easier for both newcomers and senior leaders to ask for and offer help!”
"The hallmark of any great work culture is that people care as much about each other’s success as their own. Many organizations never reach that level of 'productive generosity’, and it’s not because people aren’t willing to give. It’s because they’re afraid to ask for help. Givitas reduces the stigma of asking for help and enables people to give in five minutes a day.“
"Collaboration is the key, and Givitas makes it easy. It allowed me to reach out and connect with colleagues around the world. I received support for my questions and I was also happy to help others providing my knowledge or providing proper contact within our organization."
"We implemented Givitas with a geographically and departmentally dispersed group charged with driving new product and service innovation. Givitas really helped us improve knowledge sharing and collaboration across this team while speeding up innovation and building stronger connections."
"The simplicity of sharing, helping, and learning in a fairly closed group is liberating and profound."
"The information I got in one request saved me at least a week and $1500, maybe more. The successful referral also advanced our startup process, gaining me credibility with my board. Worth a lot as a new founder!"
"One of the more powerful ways to learn and grow into your career is to feel comfortable asking for help. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness or of lack of work ethic, it's a sign of strength and confidence."
"Givitas is powerful within teams, but it really shines as a cross-organization tool that connects subject matter experts across the company to get the right answers to simple questions in minutes instead of chasing the answers for days. It’s not often that a business tool comes along that can both improve productivity and make the office a better place to work at the same time, but Givitas is such a tool!"
I have learned SO MUCH from this group. I really want to share and help others because I have gained so much. [In other networks] answers are often brief and (sometimes) snarky. With Givitas, people seem more accountable and I have followed up with individuals after a request to obtain additional information."
“In a world where poor knowledge-sharing costs Fortune 500 companies $31.5 billion annually, Givitas’ potential positive impact on employers is clear.”
“Collaboration is the key, and Givitas makes it easy. It allowed me to reach out and connect with colleagues around the world.”
"In a world where poor knowledge-sharing costs Fortune 500 companies $31.5 billion annually, Givitas’ potential positive impact on employers is clear."
"Asking for help at work is absolutely essential to a productive, successful, and fulfilling life. Givitas makes asking for help easy.
“Givitas created a better sense of our community. ”
"Givitas has been a wonderful way for our entrepreneurs and founders to have access to a wide range of contacts, expertise, resources, and advice. It has enriched our community and our individual and collective success."
“[Givitas] has been very helpful and I can really say we have a gold mine of ideas; what's better is everyone is really willing to help each other.”
“I regularly received offers for all of my requests; the notifications and daily digest were also really helpful.”
"Engagement comes from being in an environment where you build relationships with the company and the team, where you feel trusted, where you're getting the support you need."