Job Posting – Software Engineer
DEVOTE YOUR CAREER TO SOMETHING BIGGER. HELP US CHANGE THE BUSINESS WORLD BY INCREASING THE CULTURE OF GIVING AND RECIPROCITY IN THE ENTERPRISE.
About Give and Take
Give and Take, Inc. is a start-up technology company headquartered in southeast Michigan. Our knowledge collaboration platform improves knowledge sharing and harnesses collective intelligence of any group of people (employees, customers, members, donors, students, alumni, etc.). By fostering a giving culture, organizations of all sizes drive positive business outcomes like increased efficiency, productivity, loyalty and engagement. Give and Take’s proprietary technology is based on the principles of generalized reciprocity made famous at the University of Michigan and in Professor Adam Grant’s bestselling book, Give and Take.
We are looking for a software engineer who will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining the Give and Take platform. You should be experienced in all aspects of web application product development. Your focus on the design and development of the application will include front-end, server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Implement and manage data storage solutions
- Integrate user-facing elements
- Integrate with third-party APIs and applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- 2+ years experience with web software development
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Experience managing cloud based applications
- Proven ability to write clean, readable code
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Desire and ability to learn new languages and frameworks. We’re using Rails on the back end and React on the front end but are very open to engineers with proven experience in other environments.
Preferred Experience with the Following Libraries/Technologies
- Service oriented and microservice architectures
- SQL (PostgreSQL a plus)
Give and Take offers competitive salary and benefits and a dynamic working environment. Team members have a rare opportunity to be part of a company and software product from the very beginning. The Give and Take team will be a small, collaborative group using Agile methodologies to guide our development.
The Give & Take headquarters is located near Ann Arbor, Michigan. Remote work is available.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.