The Goldsmith Knowledge Philanthropy Community
Marshall Goldsmith is teaching everything he knows to anyone who wants to learn . . . for free. It’s called knowledge philanthropy, and he needs an army of volunteers to help.
Join this Givitas group to connect with others involved in helping him realize his vision.
Ask questions, get advice, help others. Then pay it forward to someone else…
Givitas is Kinder, Gentler Social Networking
I’m embarking on an unprecedented knowledge philanthropy project. I want to give away everything I know to anyone who wants to use it for profit or otherwise.
More than 2800 people have already volunteered to help me do it, and our numbers are increasing all the time.
I want to give all the volunteers and helpers a place to connect with one another. I’ve chosen Givitas because it’s a knowledge shring platform built on generosity, trust, and gratitude, values I hold dear.
This is not the place to ask me questions; you can do that by emailing email@example.com.
Givitas is the place to ask for and offer help to each other.
However, I encourage you to ask each other the questions you often ask me! There are some incredibly wise people in this community.
Some sample requests for help could include:
- Is anyone willing to translate into Farsi?
- I’m interested in starting a group for women in Latin America, does anyone want to work with me on this project?
- Who is interested in working on creating a website for this project with me?
- Are there any coaches who have examples of how they’ve translated this material for young professionals of color in the U.S.?
- When is the next conference call with Marshall and what are the dial in instructions?
- Does anyone have advice for making the transition to full-time coaching?
This is your community to connect with and help each other.
Please log in today and complete your profile so we can easily find each other in the member directory!
Read on to learn more about Givitas, its history, and why we chose it for this group.
Thanks for joining this knowledge philanthropy project. We have a lot to do! I am so grateful for your interest in my work and your generosity.
Life is good.
Givitas Was Co-Founded by Adam Grant and Wayne Baker
Why Givitas Works
Job satisfaction, career success, and happiness in general are all results of having a strong network that allows you to get help when you need it and offer help in return.
We didn’t make this stuff up–our technology is inspired by academic research on generosity, knowledge sharing, and asking for help done by two of our co-founders:
- Givitas is free to use!
- Givitas makes it easy to ask for help and be a giver on 5 minutes a week.
- Using Givitas, you don’t have to know who to ask, and everyone has equal access to mentors and experts.
- Givitas is a collection of people who have been successful doing whatever it is you’re trying to do. Ask for their advice, and get ahead in your career.
- Get access to a unique network of generous, active, engaged professionals you can’t find anywhere else.
- Get diverse, unbiased opinions that will make your work smarter and more informed.
How Givitas Works
“No question is a bad question.”
- Log in to Givitas and ask for help, provide help, search a repository of institutional knowledge, collaborate, and connect in less than 5 minutes a day
- Asking for help is incredibly easy, reducing stigmas and barriers, and you don’t have to know who to ask
- Providing help is quick and efficient, with robust notifications and engagement tools to notify you when someone needs help
- Givitas provides guidance on making requests and responses, with educational prompts that assist you in crafting a productive request
- Givitas creates and records organizational memory developing a valuable asset for future searches
Givitas is Easy to Use on Web or Mobile
"A few minutes in Givitas saved me 5-10 hours of research, and it was awesome connecting with new people who have shared interests."
“Givitas created a better sense of our community. ”
The idea of a platform just for exchanging help is simple but brilliant."
“Givitas helps build bridges across an organization and makes it easier for both newcomers and senior leaders to ask for and offer help!”
“In a world where poor knowledge-sharing costs Fortune 500 companies $31.5 billion annually, Givitas’ potential positive impact on employers is clear.”
"Collaboration is the key, and Givitas makes it easy. It allowed me to reach out and connect with colleagues around the world. I received support for my questions and I was also happy to help others providing my knowledge or providing proper contact within our organization."
"One of the more powerful ways to learn and grow into your career is to feel comfortable asking for help. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness or of lack of work ethic, it's a sign of strength and confidence."
“Givitas can make asking for and getting help from other employees simple – which can make your business a lot more efficient and effective.”
"The simplicity of sharing, helping, and learning in a fairly closed group is liberating and profound."
"Givitas is an invaluable tool to allow professionals to network and connect. This community has saved me an extraordinary amount of time. Thank you, Givitas!"
"Givitas gives me an opportunity to have some unusual requests granted that I wouldn't elsewhere. It feels productive and satisfying. I feel smarter and more resourceful."
"I made a nice connection with a like-minded individual!"
"Givitas is powerful within teams, but it really shines as a cross-organization tool that connects subject matter experts across the company to get the right answers to simple questions in minutes instead of chasing the answers for days. It’s not often that a business tool comes along that can both improve productivity and make the office a better place to work at the same time, but Givitas is such a tool!"
"The hallmark of any great work culture is that people care as much about each other’s success as their own. Many organizations never reach that level of 'productive generosity’, and it’s not because people aren’t willing to give. It’s because they’re afraid to ask for help. Givitas reduces the stigma of asking for help and enables people to give in five minutes a day.“
I have learned SO MUCH from this group. I really want to share and help others because I have gained so much. [In other networks] answers are often brief and (sometimes) snarky. With Givitas, people seem more accountable and I have followed up with individuals after a request to obtain additional information."
"The time I saved was in not having to come up with ideas that I may not necessarily have come up with anyway.”
"It created a better sense of our community. It proactively positioned people to ask for - and offer - assistance to the group."
"Givitas is an easy-to-use tool with an unbeatable ROI. Every company that is serious about positive engagement and facilitating insights across the organization should be using Givitas."
"The information I got in one request saved me at least a week and $1500, maybe more. The successful referral also advanced our startup process, gaining me credibility with my board. Worth a lot as a new founder!"
"Givitas has been a wonderful way for our entrepreneurs and founders to have access to a wide range of contacts, expertise, resources, and advice. It has enriched our community and our individual and collective success."