A Free Digital Network for Advancing Women at Work
Join a free, invitation-only network of leaders interested in advancing women and exploring the challenges and opportunities facing women at work today.
Ask questions, get answers, advice, introductions, or help. Then pay it forward to someone else!ne else.
Givitas is Kinder, Gentler Social Networking
Founded in conjunction with a Wall Street Journal and Sheryl Sandberg event for women in the workplace in 2019, this is a community for anyone (of any gender) interested in advancing women in the workplace.
Members are already exchanging help like this:
- Finding mentors
- Working on practical ideas to close the wage gap
- Introductions and connections
- Advice on a range of challenges and opportunities facing women in the workplace.
Why Givitas Works
Job satisfaction, career success, and happiness in general are all results of having a strong network that allows you to get help when you need it and offer help in return.
We didn’t make this stuff up–our technology is inspired by academic research on generosity, knowledge sharing, and asking for help done by two of our co-founders:
- Givitas is free!
- Givitas makes it easy to ask for help and be a giver on 5 minutes a week.
- Using Givitas, you don’t have to know who to ask, and everyone has equal access to mentors and experts.
- Givitas is a collection of people who have been successful doing whatever it is you’re trying to do. Ask for their advice, and get ahead in your career.
- Get access to a unique network of generous, active, engaged professionals you can’t find anywhere else.
- Get diverse, unbiased opinions that will make your work smarter and more informed.
How Givitas Works
“No question is a bad question.”
- Log in to Givitas and ask for help, provide help, search a repository of institutional knowledge, collaborate, and connect in less than 5 minutes a day
- Asking for help is incredibly easy, reducing stigmas and barriers, and you don’t have to know who to ask
- Providing help is quick and efficient, with robust notifications and engagement tools to notify you when someone needs help
- Givitas provides guidance on making requests and responses, with educational prompts that assist you in crafting a productive request
- Givitas creates and records organizational memory developing a valuable asset for future searches
Simple and Easy to Use on Web or Mobile
"I felt very confident in using Givitas as a forum for my question. Spending 5 minutes in the platform saved me easily two hours and more than $700."
"I made a nice connection with a like-minded individual!"
"In a world where poor knowledge-sharing costs Fortune 500 companies $31.5 billion annually, Givitas’ potential positive impact on employers is clear."
"The time I saved was in not having to come up with ideas that I may not necessarily have come up with anyway.”
"Givitas can make asking for and getting help from other employees simple -- which can make your business a lot more efficient and effective."
“In a world where poor knowledge-sharing costs Fortune 500 companies $31.5 billion annually, Givitas’ potential positive impact on employers is clear.”
"[Givitas] is a tool that helps build bridges across an organization and makes it easier for both newcomers and senior leaders to ask for--and offer--help."
“I regularly received offers for all of my requests; the notifications and daily digest were also really helpful.”
“Givitas created a better sense of our community. ”
"Engagement comes from being in an environment where you build relationships with the company and the team, where you feel trusted, where you're getting the support you need."
"We use Givitas with our students as a follow-up to the Reciprocity Ring. We have seen students access valuable resources through the platform, build community, and in the process learn about the power of giving for networking.”
"Givitas is an easy-to-use tool with an unbeatable ROI. Every company that is serious about positive engagement and facilitating insights across the organization should be using Givitas."
"The simplicity of sharing, helping, and learning in a fairly closed group is liberating and profound."
“[Givitas] has been very helpful and I can really say we have a gold mine of ideas; what's better is everyone is really willing to help each other.”
"Givitas is an invaluable tool to allow professionals to network and connect. This community has saved me an extraordinary amount of time. Thank you, Givitas!"
“Givitas helps build bridges across an organization and makes it easier for both newcomers and senior leaders to ask for and offer help!”
“Givitas can make asking for and getting help from other employees simple – which can make your business a lot more efficient and effective.”
"Givitas by Give and Take is the web platform that takes the Reciprocity Ring concept to the next level."
“Collaboration is the key, and Givitas makes it easy. It allowed me to reach out and connect with colleagues around the world.”
"Collaboration is the key, and Givitas makes it easy. It allowed me to reach out and connect with colleagues around the world. I received support for my questions and I was also happy to help others providing my knowledge or providing proper contact within our organization."