Givitas for Association Leaders
Join a free, invitation-only network for association professionals.
As COVID-19 transforms our industry, connect with peers and industry experts on how they’re managing through change.
Ask questions, get advice, help others. Then pay it forward to someone else…
Givitas is Kinder, Gentler Social Networking
Originally suggested by the Charitable Roundable, the Givitas community for NPO leaders is a place to ask for and offer help on the topics that are important to you.
Members of this community have been through whatever you’re going through, and can provide advice, experience, resources, introductions, connections, examples, and more.
Members use the community to exchange information on topics like:
- Best practices
- Fundraising and development
- Policy templates
- Board dynamics
- The role of leadership
- Vendor recommendations
- Financial stability
- Any other help, advice, knowledge, or connections
Why Givitas Works
Job satisfaction, career success, and happiness in general are all results of having a strong network that allows you to get help when you need it and offer help in return.
We didn’t make this stuff up–our technology is inspired by academic research on generosity, knowledge sharing, and asking for help done by two of our co-founders:
- Givitas is free!
- Givitas makes it easy to ask for help and be a giver on 5 minutes a week.
- Using Givitas, you don’t have to know who to ask, and everyone has equal access to mentors and experts.
- Givitas is a collection of people who have been successful doing whatever it is you’re trying to do. Ask for their advice, and get ahead in your career.
- Get access to a unique network of generous, active, engaged professionals you can’t find anywhere else.
- Get diverse, unbiased opinions that will make your work smarter and more informed.
How Givitas Works
“No question is a bad question.”
- Log in to Givitas and ask for help, provide help, search a repository of institutional knowledge, collaborate, and connect in less than 5 minutes a day
- Asking for help is incredibly easy, reducing stigmas and barriers, and you don’t have to know who to ask
- Providing help is quick and efficient, with robust notifications and engagement tools to notify you when someone needs help
- Givitas provides guidance on making requests and responses, with educational prompts that assist you in crafting a productive request
- Givitas creates and records organizational memory developing a valuable asset for future searches
Givitas is Easy to Use on Web or Mobile
"Givitas is an easy-to-use tool with an unbeatable ROI. Every company that is serious about positive engagement and facilitating insights across the organization should be using Givitas."
“Givitas helps build bridges across an organization and makes it easier for both newcomers and senior leaders to ask for and offer help!”
"The hallmark of any great work culture is that people care as much about each other’s success as their own. Many organizations never reach that level of 'productive generosity’, and it’s not because people aren’t willing to give. It’s because they’re afraid to ask for help. Givitas reduces the stigma of asking for help and enables people to give in five minutes a day.“
"I felt very confident in using Givitas as a forum for my question. Spending 5 minutes in the platform saved me easily two hours and more than $700."
"We use Givitas with our students as a follow-up to the Reciprocity Ring. We have seen students access valuable resources through the platform, build community, and in the process learn about the power of giving for networking.”
"[Givitas] is a tool that helps build bridges across an organization and makes it easier for both newcomers and senior leaders to ask for--and offer--help."
"Givitas has been quite valuable, making it easy for me to both give and receive. In once instance, 19 generous givers offered me 39 useful ideas in just 13 days - far exceeding the quality and response rate using traditional collaboration tools."
"It created a better sense of our community. It proactively positioned people to ask for - and offer - assistance to the group."
"One of the more powerful ways to learn and grow into your career is to feel comfortable asking for help. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness or of lack of work ethic, it's a sign of strength and confidence."
"The information I got in one request saved me at least a week and $1500, maybe more. The successful referral also advanced our startup process, gaining me credibility with my board. Worth a lot as a new founder!"
“Collaboration is the key, and Givitas makes it easy. It allowed me to reach out and connect with colleagues around the world.”
"In a world where poor knowledge-sharing costs Fortune 500 companies $31.5 billion annually, Givitas’ potential positive impact on employers is clear."
“Givitas can make asking for and getting help from other employees simple – which can make your business a lot more efficient and effective.”
"Asking for help at work is absolutely essential to a productive, successful, and fulfilling life. Givitas makes asking for help easy.
"Givitas gives me an opportunity to have some unusual requests granted that I wouldn't elsewhere. It feels productive and satisfying. I feel smarter and more resourceful."
"The simplicity of sharing, helping, and learning in a fairly closed group is liberating and profound."
"Givitas by Give and Take is the web platform that takes the Reciprocity Ring concept to the next level."
“I regularly received offers for all of my requests; the notifications and daily digest were also really helpful.”
"The time I saved was in not having to come up with ideas that I may not necessarily have come up with anyway.”
"Engagement comes from being in an environment where you build relationships with the company and the team, where you feel trusted, where you're getting the support you need."